Rural Renewal Resources
Rural Renewal in the Media
- OSU Researchers Study How Technology Impacts Agriculture- October 21, 2022
- Rural Renewal Symposium planned for Oct. 6- September 26, 2022
- Harmon County Well Owner Network- June 24, 2022
- Tillman County Well Owner Network- June 16, 2022
- Greer County Oklahoma Well Owner Network- June 15, 2022
- The Rural Renewal Initiative Announces 2022 Rural Scholars- May 17, 2022
- Rural ROklahoma Initiative Seeks to Help Rural Communities Thrive- November 18, 2021
- Rural Renewal Effort Combines Scholarship, Outreach- October 13, 2021
- Rural Sociologist: To Promote Local, Think Regional- October 13, 2021
- OSU Center for Rural Health awarded teleEMS Grant- July 26, 2021
- Initiative Seeks to Revitalize Rural Communities- May 7, 2021
- The Initiative Helping to Rebuild Rural Towns- April 30, 2021
- Rural Scholars Program to Help Revitalize Small Communities- February 19, 2021
- Inaugural Rural Renewal Symposium Recap- October 29, 2020
- Rural Renewal Symposium Announcement- September 24, 2020
- Rural Renewal Initiative Wants to Breathe New Life Into Rural Communities- May 14, 2020
- Road to Rural Prosperity Podcast
- Episode Featuring the Rural Renewal Initiative- October 16, 2019
Rural Renewal Scholarly Works & Presentations
Caruso, T. C., Cline, L. L., & King, A. E. H. (2022). Rewriting the narrative: A Portrait of leadership in Oklahoma’s rural communities. Presented at the International Leadership Association's Global Conference, Washington D. C.
Whitacre, B. E., Woodring, M., Brooks, L., & Smithson, T. (2022). Gauging local interest in telemedicine visits: Are online surveys enough? Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 33(3). https://muse.jhu.edu/article/862412
Biedny, C. & Whitacre, B. E. (2022). The broadband serviceable location fabric, rural America, and agriculture. Choices, Quarter 3. https://www.choicesmagazine.org/choices-magazine/theme-articles/making-it-count-applying-science-to-support-universal-broadband/the-broadband-serviceable-location-fabric-rural-america-and-agriculture
Olofsson, K. Through Their Stories: How Rural Americans Live in Complex Systems. Presented at the Midwest Political Science Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL on April 9, 2022. https://convention2.allacademic.com/one/mpsa/mpsa22/index.php?cmd=Online+Program+View+Paper&selected_paper_id=1916085&PHPSESSID=5jimfplsmehauk2vsv16m9ugne
Olofsson, K., Fitzgerald, J. B., & Hussain, B. Sustainable Development Goals in Rural America: Giving Voice to Rural Communities. Presented at the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Research Annual Meeting in Austin, TX on March 29, 2022. https://appam.confex.com/appam/2021/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/40320
Woodring, M. (2021). Tier One Rural Renewal Initiative Update. Telehealth Alliance of Oklahoma Board of Directors.
Taylor, R. (2021). Applying a Community Capitals Framework to Compare Two Rural Counties in Oklahoma [master's thesis]. Oklahoma State University.
Miller, K. (2021). Voices from the field: A Q methodology study about rural hospital priorities [master's thesis]. Oklahoma State University.
King, A. E. H., Robinson, J. S. Ochsner, T., Woodring, M., & Weckler, P. (2021). Developing rural scholars for conducting research and service in rural communities: The effects of a high-impact learning opportunity. Poster presented virtually at the Southern Region American Association for Agricultural Education Conference.
Ochsner, T., Hagerman, A., Krueger, E., Lambert, D., Lambert, L., and Weckler, P. (2021). Drought severity and impact relationships: A multidimensional case study of recent droughts in the south-central semiarid prairies of the United States, EGU General Assembly 2021, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-6530, https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-egu21-6530.
Robinson, J. S., Bohannon, L., & Hill, R. (2020, October). Mentoring rural youth through Big Topics. UNM Mentoring Institute, Albuquerque, NM.
Robinson, J. S., Ochsner, T. E., Weckler, M., & Woodring, M. (2020). Equipping students to address wicked problems in rural communities: The development of a rural scholars program. 2020 AAAE Virtual Conference (Innovative Idea Poster).
Barringer, B., Cook, N., Ochsner, T. E., Robinson, J. S., Weckler, P., & Woodring, M. (*accepted for presentation in 2020). A high impact learning experience that promotes transformation through the development of a team of rural scholars. Transformative Learning Conference, Edmond, OK. *Conference was canceled due to COVID-19.
Barringer, B., Ochsner, T. E., Robinson, J. S., Weckler, P., & Woodring, M. (*accepted for presentation in 2020). A high impact learning experience that promotes transformation through the development of a team of rural scholars. 7th Annual Big 12 Teaching and Learning Conference, Overland Park, KS. *Conference was canceled due to COVID-19.
RRI Support Statement
This statement should be in used in reports or manuscripts for acknowledging RRI support or funding:
Funding (or support) for this project was provided by the Oklahoma State University Rural Renewal Initiative, one of the Tier 1 research initiatives supported by the Office of the Vice President for Research.